10 Ways Seamless Rain Gutters Protect the Home
1. MOISTURE CONTROL – Keep basements, crawl spaces, and garages dry and free of conditions that support mold and wood fungi growth by controlling roof drainage.
2. FOUNDATION PROTECTION – Limit the movement of active zone soils underneath the foundation by reducing the amount of water that enters at the foundation wall.
3. PROTECT BACK-FILL – Top soil around the foundation is the weakest link in foundation moisture control. Preventing topsoil erosion can help prevent future structural damage.
4. SHIELD WINDOWS AND DOORS – Most durability issues arise from bulk water intrusion through windows and doors. Roof drainage will direct water away from sensitive areas.
5. PROTECT PLANTS AND SHRUBS – Standing water in flower beds around the home can permit harmful plant fungi to develop as well as attract ants, roaches, and termites.
6. PROTECT FASCIA – Water migration may cause rotting and insects that can be costly to repair. Quickly moving water away from rafter and roof joints is essential to a home’s long term durability.
7. INCREASE ROOF OVERHANG – Rain gutters can add up to 6” of protective roof overhang, providing additional shielding of windows and doors, improving drying times and moisture levels.
8. PREVENT SPLASH BACK – Rain gutters keep siding and masonry looking new by preventing splash back of dirt, grass, and minerals that stain the exterior and can be difficult to remove over time.
9. DECORATIVE DETAIL – Rain gutters are not just functional but can accentuate the architecture of any home. Senox products are available in various styles, colors, and metals.
10. RAINWATER COLLECTION – Collecting rainwater is the simplest way to water your lawn, plants, and foundation all the while contributing to water conservation goals.